Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nobody Is Making You Do This






A couple of weeks ago this was performed live at The Sydney Opera House, as part of the Radio With Pictures project. So proud to share this today. This is my collaboration with writer, Lorelei Vashti. Lorelei wrote this beautiful story about the creative process based on her own journey with writing her own book. I am particularly proud because it's the first time I've tried to 'animate' something and the first time to be given this much freedom to create and draw whatever I wanted. This was exciting but also very scary at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Grace, to me this is your best work, it has a lightness and a joy, yes creative freedom is terrifying but worth it every time despite the results. Thank you for having the guts to go there, its made my brighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,

      Oh, thank you so much for your thoughts. I love getting feedback. This was a real favourite of mine and thanks for acknowledging that creative freedom is terrifying. You're so right though.. it probably is up there with my best work. This was one of the most challenging, yet rewarding projects I've undertaken and I really learnt that trusting myself is the only way to get through it. Thanks Anna, your comment made my day and reminded me to keep having guts!

      Delete